Saturday, May 22, 2010

What is the best way to overwinter geraniums, in pots. Should I leave them outside, or bring them indoors?

i bring mine indoors by a bright window.

What is the best way to overwinter geraniums, in pots. Should I leave them outside, or bring them indoors?
Bring them indoors. Cut back on the water when you bring them in and let the soil get pretty dry. Stoe in a cool darker room, closet or basement (depending on how cold it gets...non heated, not good)





Mist them once in a while lightly. Bring them out in late march and trim off any dead limbs. Give them a little water and sun and keep an eye on them. When they show new growth give them some fertilizer.





At this time I repot them.





Some people take them out of the pots and store them in brown paper bags. I tried it one year. It worked but I prefer pots. Denise http://www.thegardenersrake.com
Reply:um...how cold is it where you live?


No comments:

Post a Comment