Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm trying to grow roots onto a cutting from a geranium bush. Do I need to use growth hormone or will peat do?

I read that Peat can be used to grow roots but is this suitable for all plants and especially Geranium bushes? I live in a hot sunny climate where plants tend to sprout very easily.

I'm trying to grow roots onto a cutting from a geranium bush. Do I need to use growth hormone or will peat do?
take your cuttings put them in to a glass jar with water and in about a week thy should have roots on them put them into pots and thy will be fine good luck
Reply:I'm not the most experienced at gardening, but i've been experimenting with getting cuttings going, and i've had the most success starting things in water first, and i put a tiny bit of plant food in with the water. The thing i've found most important has been to have "three leaves below and two above" like they say with rose cuttings. I don't leave the actual leaves below the water because they'll just rot, but the new roots will come out at predictible places, and those are where leaves were growing. I change the water every day and then when the roots are started, i plant them. I didn't use the root hormone because though i have a package somewhere, i couldn't find it! hahhaha.

roots rain

No comments:

Post a Comment